Every adult in Michigan has the right to grow up to 12 cannabis plants for our personal use. But, homegrowing can be intimidating if you’ve never tried it before. At Pott Farms, we’ve grown hemp organically and outdoors for 4 seasons. We think growing cannabis is fun and rewarding, and totally doable by anyone with a little training.Where: 12280 Bunton Rd, Willis MI 48191
When: Saturday May 13, 2023 at 1:00 – 4:00 pmThe workshop will cover:
• Michigan laws on growing for personal use.
• Where to buy seeds and how to select them.
• How to start them indoors and plant outdoors mid-June.
• What living soil is, why you want it, and how to create it. This includes a demonstration on how to make easy compost extract.
• The life cycle of the plants and how to care for them throughout the season.
• Instructions on how to harvest, dry, trim and cure your flower.
• In-person instruction at our farm in Willis.
• Three seeds (value ~$20) that you’ll start during the workshop and take home with you. The value of the flower grown from these plants will be worth more than the cost of the workshop.
• One gallon of our compost that is chock-full of all the microbial life needed to inoculate your garden so you can make compost extract at home.